What is Skills2Compete Maryland?
- Skills2Compete Maryland (S2C) is Governor O'Malley's vision for Marylanders to gain the skills and credentials they need to get good jobs with family supporting wages.
- Workers with middle-skills (have training or education beyond high school, but do not have a bachelor's degree) and high-skills (have at least a bachelor's degree) tend to earn more money and have lower unemployment rates than workers who do not have training or education beyond high school.
- A strong majority of the projected job openings in Maryland will be for middle-skill or high-skill jobs.
Median Annual Earnings in Maryland by Education Attainment - 2011
- The Governor's Workforce Investment Board Announces New Chairman
- GWIB Executive Director, Lynn Reed, appointed to the Board of the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (PDF document, 1.6MB, download Adobe Acrobat for free
- GWIB Executive Director, Lynn Reed, and Neil Meltzer, President, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, discuss efforts improve efforts in health care in Maryland. (PDF document, 206KB, download Adobe Acrobat for free
Calendar of Events
- Find out about job fairs, open houses and other career events in Maryland.